Saturday, September 22, 2007

pride

Her soft hand enveloped in mine is warm to the touch. The sun is bright overhead. Gulls screech and pirouette over the bright blue water of Horseshoe Bay. Out here even they look cleaner. Whiter feathers from feeding on fish. Next to me she sighs. A sound so soft that I almost miss it, but it is a sound that is ingrained along the bead of my soul. It plucks a string and my heart sings in harmony. She places her cheek upon my shoulder and loose strands of her golden hair flick across my face, tickling my nose and lips.
The chatter and laughter of would-be passengers and tourists swirl around us with the breeze blowing in from the Bay. A few cast furtive glances overcome by curiosity. But I don`t care. We don`t care. Right now, we are the only ones that exist in this fleeting pause of time. I have waited a lifetime for her.

``You`re beautiful and you are mine``
She sighs once more. In the distance the blare of the ferry horn rumbles across the water. We start to walk back to the car with my feet 10 feet above the ground. Next stop, Departure Bay. This is my first ferry ride in eight years. I tingle with excitement. ``I love you``, she says quietly. I slap her ass. `Get in the car woman, I don`t want to miss the boat``

1 comment:

Calisto-Demon said...

I could never forget the moments of time that were entangled those days together. You are the root of my exisitencel Without you I cease to exist completed and whole. I have been taught valuable lessons.

Love Me