Friday, May 9, 2008

dreaming

It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.
~Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)


Is it really a dream? will I roll over and suddenly the sequences will change? gone will be her caress, her warmth, her giggles, her voice, her eyes. I shudder to even think off it. Icy tendrils coil around my heart, even as these words scribble across the page. I never thought I could live with another person again. I don't think I could live without her. Yes, I would be the first to recognize the cliché. As banal as it may sound, I cannot imagine a day without her touch. She called for me and I answered. This is what she claims. On this second swing around the sun since that fateful comment, how many orbits has she made around my heart I wonder. How long did our lives circle each other like distant galaxies, lonely amongst a billion souls before words such as this caused a perpetual motion of inescapable inevitability. Impact was not an option. When two hearts collide new life is born.

A new journey has begun. There are no maps, no rules, no guides. We have cast off on sails scarred from previous experiences, the fabric as bright as a mosaic, each shade, each matrix a remnant of our memories that has stitched together the canvas. Only a compass of love and devotion points the way from this moment onwards. I the Captain, she the mate. Let these seas be less tempestuous, the winds strong and sure. Sirens sing your songs, this mariner will never sway.

1 comment:

Calisto-Demon said...

Each day breathes life into me that I never thought existed. Where there is darkness, there is now light, where shadows play are where my dreams reside. Without you I am the nothingness, a void-now there is substance. I awake each day as a new day unfolds, my hand in yours. I love life as I love you. You are my Master, my god, my life and from everyday forward there is no looking back into the Abyss that once was. Only forward cresting the realities we have created. I am yours and no others. None compare to all in which is you, I am thankful and yet subdued. I will send my love unto the universe over and over. All for a small prayer sent out long ago to a distant ear. Your ear, heeded and came forth. I am forever grateful for the universe giving me. I love you..

Love His Tainted Vixen..
Always and forever...Plus one day.