Sunday, June 10, 2007

lair

Stepping from the doorway the stifling heat hits me like a dragon's breath, almost knocking backwards. Fuck! I groan. I really don't want to be out here. My shirt is already stuck to my skin, rivulets of sweat running down my sides and chest. The sun soaked pavement shimmers hypnotically as I glance down the nearly empty street. Even the cars seem to move slowly, as if their tires are glued to the sticky tarmac. The cigarette stumbles from my fingers to sizzle out in the drain. The putrid stagnant water, emanating a foul odour.
"Can you spare some change?" the bum croaks from below me his one eye swollen and oozing a fetid yellowish liquid. He coughs, his frail body bent from the heaves. I sneer at him. "Watch the fucking boots old man!"
The sun is strong, even through the haze of smog and the tint of the Ray Bans, driving slivers of pain directly into my temples. That fucking bitch better be gone before I get back. I check my watch, the $400 Seiko telling me I have 40 minutes left. Christ! what a fucking day already. The car alarm beeps twice, headlights winking in acknowledgment as I zap it with the remote. I feel sick, the bile rising up inside me and I swallow, taking a deep breath. I need another drink. I drank too much last night. And that little cunt that's still asleep upstairs passed out even before I had finished with her. They just don't make them like they used to even if you paid for it. Opening the car door I take a step back. The pent-up heat from inside rushes out with explosive force taking the smell of leather with it. There's even a trace of cheap perfume that still lingers as I slide inside and turn the key.

© 2bucks, inc., 2007

1 comment:

Calisto-Demon said...

Hmmmm...interesting. May I have more please? The viciousness oozes like secretions from a infected wound. It's nasty, but you can not look away. ~evil grin~..I hope there is more, this was unexpected glimmer into the mirrors which contort our minds..

~His Unheavenly Angel~